Nothing warms hearts like a festive platter featuring fine Galbani cheeses and your favorite winter accompaniments. It’s the perfect plate to add to the menu from November through January, when large groups are gathering for their seasonal celebrations. See for yourself why Celebrity Chef Donatella Arpaia is proud to serve it to her special guests.
Use these instructions as a guide to create the perfect Winter Cheese Plate in your own restaurant. Remember, the portion sizes and accompaniments listed here are just suggestions. Use your own creativity and expertise to add a personal touch for an unforgettable platter.
|Galbani® Mascarpone, whipped||4 oz.||Cranberries and Raisin Crisps|
|Galbani® Whole Milk Ricotta, whipped||4 oz.||Honey, Lemon, Pomegranate Seeds, and Crudité|
|Galbani® Bel Paese||1–2 oz.||Candied Walnuts and Figs|
|Galbani® Provolone||1–2 oz.||Pistachios and Cornichon|
|Galbani® Fresh Mozzarella (Ciliegine)||1–2 oz.||Prosciutto|
ARRANGING YOUR PLATE
- Cheese is best enjoyed when arranged from the most mild to the most intense.
- Decorate your plate with sprigs of rosemary and assorted crudités, including olives, carrots, pickles, and fresh or dried cherries.
- For maximum flavor, remove the cheese from refrigeration 30 minutes to 1 hour prior to serving.
GALBANI® WHIPPED RICOTTA
8 oz. Galbani Whole Milk Ricotta
1 tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp. Whipping cream
½ tsp. Kosher salt
Extra virgin olive oil
Fresh lemon zest, for garnish
Pomegranate seeds, for garnish
Fresh herbs, for garnish
- Using a stand mixer fitted with a wire whisk, whip the Ricotta Cheese on high speed for 1–2 minutes or until light and airy.
- Add 1 tbsp. lemon juice, the heavy cream, and ½ tsp. kosher salt to the whipped Ricotta and whip again for another minute.
- Transfer whipped Ricotta to a serving bowl and finish with a generous drizzle of olive oil. Garnish with lemon zest and pomegranate seeds or fresh herbs.
GALBANI® WHIPPED MASCAPONE AND CRANBERRIES
For Cranberry Topping
1 cup Fresh cranberries
1 tbsp. Granulated sugar (or more to taste)
¼ cup Orange juice (with pulp)
For Whipped Mascarpone
I cup Heavy cream
8 oz. Galbani Mascarpone Cheese
¼ cup Confectioners’ sugar
1 tbsp. Pure vanilla extract
- To make the cranberry topping, on stove top combine fresh cranberries, granulated sugar, and orange juice with pulp. Simmer until cranberries get soft (approx. 20 minutes.) Mash ingredients with fork until a nice chunky sauce forms. Remove from stove.
- For the Whipped Mascarpone Cheese, in a large mixing bowl, beat heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together Mascarpone Cheese, confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Gently fold whipped cream from Step 2 into the Mascarpone mixture from Step 3.