Torta Caprese- The (Almost) 1-Bowl Flourless Chocolate Almond Cake
INGREDIENTS : (makes 12 servings)
- 2 (3.5 oz) bars 65- 70% chocolate
- 3 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 cups toasted almond meal/flour or toasted almonds, processed in a food processor
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 6 egg yolks, at room temperature
- 4 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 vanilla pod, split and scraped.
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp granulated sugar.
- ¾ cup dutch processed cocoa powder (Valhrona)
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Spray a 9 inch pan (you can use a springform if you like) and measure a piece of parchment to fit inside. Spray again and set aside. (If using a spring form pan, wrap the outside base of the springform with aluminum foil.
- Cut the butter into cubes and place it into a heat proof bowl set over a double boiler (Place a pan with 2” of water over medium heat and bring to a simmer). Add the chopped chocolate and stir until melted. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl mix together the ground almonds, cocoa, sugar and vanilla seeds. Stir until combined. Add the whole eggs and yolks and mix until incorporated. Finally, add the melted chocolate mixture and stir until combined.
- With a hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with a whip attachment, beat the egg whites until frothy. Add the salt and beat until stiff peaks are formed.
- Fold it in gently into the chocolate mixture in about three additions. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool completely then refrigerate overnight. Before serving dust with cocoa powder.
Spinach Pesto Spring Pizza
Posted: Apr 28, 2017
Posted: Mar 2, 2017
Life Hacks from a “Stubborn” Business Owner
Posted: Feb 27, 2017