- 1 lb. jumbo pasta shells
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ lb. lean ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 ½ teaspoons of salt
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 container whole milk ricotta
- 1 ½ cup grated Parmigiano- Reggiano
- Lightly oil baking dish & rimmed baking sheet & bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta shells to boiling water & cook until slightly tender & al dente, drain & arrange them on an oiled baking sheet, spreading them out so they don’t stick together.
- Heat 1 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil in a large skillet. When hot, add ground beef & 1 crushed garlic clove. Season with salt & pepper & cook, stirring until the meat is cooked through & no longer pink.
- Transfer to a medium mixing bowl & set aside to cool slightly.
- In another skillet, heat remaining olive oil & add remaining garlic & tomatoes with their juices. Season with salt & pepper. Bring sauce to simmer & cook for 20 minutes on low heat.
- Stir 1 ½ cups of sauce into cooled ground beef, then add ricotta & ½ cup of grated parmesan. Combine thoroughly & heat oven to 350 °.
- Spoon 1 ¼ cups of tomato sauce into prepared baking dish. Fill each shell with mixture, about 2 tbsp per shell. Arrange shells on dish & spoon remaining sauce over shells. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan.
- Bake until filling is heated through & golden brown on top.
CLICK HERE to Watch me prepare this recipe and more on The Today Show!