- 4 artichokes
- 2 cups olive ciabatta bread, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely diced for stuffing
- 2 large garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1tbsp parsley
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 tbsp sage
- ¾ cup Parmigiano Reggiano
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup white wine
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Start by prepping the artichokes. Cut the stem flush with the bottom of the artichoke. Pluck off the smaller leaves around the base, then cut off the top third of the artichokes with a serrated knife.
- In a pan at medium heat, add 3 tbsp of olive oil, chopped garlic, & herbs & cook until just before garlic begins to brown. Then add chopped bread & cook for about 1 minute. Add wine, cheese, salt & pepper & stir for another 30 seconds until wine is absorbed. Remove from heat & let cool.
- Gently spread artichoke leaves open & divide stuffing evenly between the 4 artichokes. Make sure to work the stuffing between the leaves & into the center of the artichoke hearts.
- Place artichokes in a deep heavy pot & cover the bottom third of the artichokes with water. Add 2 tbsp salt, 2 smashed garlic cloves & 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
- Cover pot & cook on medium heat for 45-60 minutes, or until the artichoke hearts are tender.
Posted: Mar 2, 2017
Life Hacks from a “Stubborn” Business Owner
Posted: Feb 27, 2017
Posted: Jan 10, 2017