Straccetti (Little Rags)
- 1 2”-thick boneless rib-eye steak, 1 ¾ -2 pounds, trimmed of exterior fat and cut crosswise into ¼” x 2” strips
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 6 large garlic cloves, smashed with the side of a heavy knife
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, needles removed from 2 and chopped
- Lemon, extra-virgin olive oil, or truffle oil for drizzling
- Half a lemon, for serving
- Divide the beef slices between 2 large pieces of aluminum foil, arranging them in a single layer, & refrigerate them until ready to cook.
- Warm the olive oil in a very large skillet or sauté pan over medium heat.
- Remove the meat from the refrigerator & season with the salt, pepper, & parsley.
- Add the garlic & chopped rosemary to the hot oil & cook until soft & fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Put 1 batch of the meat into the pan by flipping the foil directly over the pan so that the meat falls into the pan.
- Sauté, tossing with tongs, for less then 30 seconds.
- Transfer to a serving platter, let the oil reheat for a few seconds, then sauté the second batch of “rags” the same way.
- Transfer to the platter & top with the garlic & rosemary from the pan.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil & squeeze of a lemon.
- Garnish with the rosemary sprigs & serve.
Spinach Pesto Spring Pizza
Posted: Apr 28, 2017
Posted: Mar 2, 2017
Life Hacks from a “Stubborn” Business Owner
Posted: Feb 27, 2017