- 4-6 (8 ounce) shell steaks
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 jar Donatella’s Marinara Sauce
- 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- Fresh oregano or flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
- Season the steaks on both sides with salt & pepper.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot, but not smoking.
- Sear the steaks on each side, in batches if necessary, until very deep brown (about 3 minutes).
- Drain the fat from the pan.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil & heat until hot.
- Add the garlic, and saute until golden (about 1 minute). Add Donatella’s Marinara Sauce & season with salt & pepper. Cook about 15 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
- Return the steaks & any accumulated juices to the pan, add the oregano, cover, & cook to the desired doneness.
- Place each steak on a plate & spoon a bit of sauce on top. Garnish with herbs, & serve warm.
Posted: Mar 2, 2017
Life Hacks from a “Stubborn” Business Owner
Posted: Feb 27, 2017
Posted: Jan 10, 2017