Spinach Cannellini Bean Dip
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (6-ounce) bag baby spinach roughly chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannelloni beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of died sage
- 1 teaspoon of rosemary
- In a medium skillet, heat 1/4 cup of olive oil until simmering.
- Add garlic, sage, and rosemary and cook over moderately high heat, stirring until fragrant and the garlic is just beginning to brown; about 1 minute. Add the beans and toss to coat.
- Transfer the cannellini beans into a food processor and add the chopped spinach. Add the water if too thick, season with salt & pepper and process to a fairly smooth puree.
- Transfer the dip to a small serving bowl and serve with pita chips or raw vegetables.
If the green color of the spinach is too much for your kids, just omit it! This dip is tasty even without. For a glamorous presentation, serve in my ceramic ramekins.