- 1 lb of banger sausage meat- not incased (go to your local British store. We like Myers of Keswick)
- 1 lb of puff pastry
- flour for dusting
- 1 egg for egg wash
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Dust flour on your surface, and roll the puff pastry into long strips of dough about 4″ wide and 1/4″ thick.
- Roll out the sausage meat into long tubular sections about the circumference of a a quarter. Place into the center of the dough, and roll the pastry around the sausage. Use a fork to seal the dough.
- Brush the top of the sausage roll with egg wash and slice it into 2″ sections. Then stab each bite-size roll on the top to let the roll breathe while baking. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake sausage rolls for 10 minutes or until the pastry puffs up, then I turn down the heat to 325F and bake for another 30 minutes or until golden brown on top. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe via BigCityLittleBlog.com