Roasted Tomato Soup
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs roma tomatoes
- 1 container cherry tomatoes
- 4 tbsp shallots chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves chopped
- 2 tbsp flour
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 large basil leaves
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Slice and seed the Roma tomatoes. Then place cut-side up on a parchment lined baking pan and coat with with 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Place the cherry tomatoes on another parchment lined baking pan, coat with 3 tbsp of olive oil, and cook all tomatoes for 1 hour.
- Next melt the butter in a pot, add garlic & shallots, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Finally add the stock and roasted tomatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce, and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Puree in a blender.
- Add chopped basil, salt and peper to taste.
Posted: Mar 2, 2017
Life Hacks from a “Stubborn” Business Owner
Posted: Feb 27, 2017
Posted: Jan 10, 2017