Roasted Pears with Chocolate Sauce and Amaretti
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4-6 ripe Bosc pears
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp cider
- 1 cinnamdonatellaarpaiaon stick
- 1 star anise
- 3 whole cloves
- grated zest of 1 orange
- 12-18 amaretti cookies, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Fill a large bowl with water and add the lemon juice. Peel the pears and cut them in half lengthwise, leaving the stem intact. Slide into the acidulated water to prevent them from turning brown.
- When all of the pears are peeled, remove them from the water, pat dry and place in shallow baking dish with the brown sugar, butter, cider, cinnamon stick, star anise, cloves, and orange zest.
- Bake, basting every 15 minutes, until the pears are tender, about 45 minutes.
- Arrange 2 pear halves on each dessert plate, drizzle with the chocolate sauce, and top with the crumbled amaretti.
Spinach Pesto Spring Pizza
Posted: Apr 28, 2017
Posted: Mar 2, 2017
Life Hacks from a “Stubborn” Business Owner
Posted: Feb 27, 2017