Roasted Diver Scallops with Brown Butter Sauce
- 3 cups very small cauliflower florets
- 8-12 diver scallops
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) cold unsalted butter, cut into chuncks
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 12 fresh sage leaves
- ½ cup tart dried cherries
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the cauliflower & cook about 3 minutes, until tender.
- Drain, spread on a kitchen towel, & pat dry.
- Pat the scallops dry & season with salt & pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the scallops & sear without moving for 2 minutes, until golden.
- Gently turn them over & add the butter, shallot, & sage to the pan.
- Cook until the scallops are just firm & translucent, about 2 minutes more.
- Divide the scallops among 4 to 6 salad plates using a slotted spoon.
- Set the skillet & add the butter aside.
- Heat the remaining 1tbps of olive oil in another skillet over medium heat.
- Add the cauliflower & cherries & sauté, turning the cauliflower, until it is golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon over the cauliflower mixture, season with the salt & pepper, & remove from the heat.
- Rewarm the butter sauce in the first skillet over medium heat.
- Transfer the cauliflower mixture into the butter & toss.
- Spoon the mixture over the scallops & serve immediately.
Spinach Pesto Spring Pizza
Posted: Apr 28, 2017
Posted: Mar 2, 2017
Life Hacks from a “Stubborn” Business Owner
Posted: Feb 27, 2017