Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Walnuts and Pomegranates
- 1 quart Brussels sprouts, trimmed of outer leaves and halved through the stem end
- 8 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- 2 ounces pecorino cheese shaved with a vegetable peeler
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the walnuts on a small baking sheet of in an ovenproof skillet. Toast until golden and fragrant, 5-10 minutes, turning once. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Combine the Brussels sprouts and 3 tbsp of the olive oil in a large bowl and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet and roast until fork tender and some of the outer leaves are crunchy, about 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the remaining 5 tbsp of olive oil and the lemon juice in small bowl.
- Toss the sprouts in a large bowl with the walnuts and pomegranate seeds. Transfer to a serving patter. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with the vinaigrette. Sprinkle with the pecorino and serve.
Posted: Mar 2, 2017
Life Hacks from a “Stubborn” Business Owner
Posted: Feb 27, 2017
Posted: Jan 10, 2017