The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
The only recipe you’ll need for the most soft, chewy, Chocolate Chip Cookies, filled with extra melted chocolate chips and baked to golden-brown perfection.
- 8 oz cold unsalted butter
- 1 ½ c light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ¾ c all purpose flour
- ¼ c cornstarch
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 3 c chocolate chips
- In a bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, salt, baking soda and baking powder and whisk to combine.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix together the butter and the brown sugar until combines and no lumps remain. Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix until incorporated, scraping in between additions. Add vanilla and mix in.
- Add dry ingredients to sugar/egg mixture gradually until fully incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Refrigerate cookie dough overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375o F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Divide dough into 12 balls (about four ounces each) and arrange on sheet pan.
- Bake for 14 to 15 minutes, or until edges are golden and set and center is soft. Allow them to cool before removing from pan and serving.