Seven Layer Dip
Using Libby’s canned vegetables, this colorful and flavorful 7 layer dip is the perfect complement to tortilla chips.
- 4 (4 oz.) Libby’s® Whole Kernel Sweet Corn Vegetable Cups or 1 can Libby’s® Whole Kernel Sweet Corn (drained)
- 4 (4 oz.) Libby’s® Cut Green Beans Vegetable Cups or 1 can (14.5 oz) Libby’s® Cut Green Beans (drained)
- 1⁄2 head of iceberg lettuce (shredded)
- 1 can black beans
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 1⁄2 tsp garlic powder
- 1⁄4 c olive oil
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies (drained)
- 3⁄4 c sour cream
- 3⁄4 lb monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- 3 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
- Put drained Libby’s® Cut Green Beans Vegetable Cups in bowl and season with ½ teaspoon garlic, salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in skillet over low-medium heat. Add seasoned beans and cook for 2 minutes.
- Empty green beans in a bowl and set aside.
- Drain Libby’s® Whole Kernel Sweet Corn Vegetable Cups, add to skillet and cook for 2 minutes.
- Empty corn in a bowl and set aside.
- Drain black beans, add to skillet and cook for 2 minutes. Transfer beans to small bowl and mash with fork.
- In deep platter, start layering. Spread shredded lettuce over platter first.
- Spread refried black beans over lettuce.
- Sprinkle half the cheese over black beans.
- Add layer of corn over beans.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over corn. Add layer over cheese with seasoned green beans.
- Carefully spread sour cream over cheese, trying not to move layer of cheese.
- Finally, add layer of tomatoes and chilies.
- Top with dollop of sour cream and chopped cilantro, if desired. Serve with tortilla chips.