Scallops with Pea Puree
- 6 diver scallops
- ¼ cup plus 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 Libby’s® Sweet Peas Vegetable Cups or 1 can Libby’s® Sweet Peas
- 1 sprig of mint
- 2-3 tbsp. mint, chopped
- 2 tbsp. shallot, chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Pat the scallops dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the scallops and sear undisturbed for 2 minutes until golden. Gently turn them over and add 2 tablespoons of butter and the shallot to the pan.
- Cook until the scallops are just firm and translucent, about 2 minutes more. Set the skillet aside.
- In another skillet over low heat, add ¼ cup olive oil and remaining 2 tablespoon butter. Add 1 sprig of mint and the garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Drain the peas and add to the olive oil and butter mixture to incorporate flavors. Remove the sprig of mint from the peas.
- Pour the peas into a blender, season with salt and pepper. Puree the peas until smooth and add chopped mint. Add additional salt or pepper, to taste.
- To assemble the dish, place a large spoonful of pea puree on each plate and top with three scallops. Sprinkle with additional mint and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.