- 1 lb. Pizza dough, at cool room temperature
- 10 ounces robiola cheese, rind removed at room temperature
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 baby arugula, coarsely chopped
- 2-3 tsps. White truffle oil
- About 30 minutes before baking the pizza, preheat the oven to 500°F and a large rimless baking sheet in the lower third of the oven
- Place the large sheet of parchment paper on a work surface and dust the parchment lightly with flour.
- Roll the dough out using a rolling pin. Pierce the dough firmly all over with the tines of a fork.
- Slide the whole thing, including the parchment, onto a rimless baking sheet, then slide it onto the hot baking sheet in the oven.
- When the dough is slightly puffed but not golden about 7 to 8 minutes, pushing down any bubbles with the back of a spoon and bake for 2 minutes more.
- Grab the edge of the parchment and transfer the pizza from the oven to a cutting board, again using a rimless baking sheet or back of a rimmed pan to facilitate moving it. Place one hand on top of the pizza,using a folded kitchen towel to protect your hand from the neat , and using a serrated knife to split the dough into 2 thin horizontal layers.
- Keep the knife parallel to the work surface, and don’t worry if you go through the top layer in a couple of places. Set aside the top layer and spread the bottom with the softened cheese. Season with salt and pepper and top with arugula. Replace the top layer and press down gently. Slide the pizza back into the oven for 2 minutes more, or until the top layer is slightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with truffle oil. Cut in half crosswise, then cut each half into wedges and serve warm
- Melt butter and oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onions to pan and stir to coat onions with butter and oil.
- Cook for 30 – 40 minutes until onions are a deep brown. Stirring every 5 to 10 minutes.
- Once onions are cooked add balsamic vinegar and cook for another 3 minutes and salt to taste.