- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup all purpose flour, sifted
- 3 lbs. fresh ricotta
- ½ cup heavy cream, whipped to soft peaks
- Juice and grated zest of 1 lemon, juice strained
- ¾ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sweet liqueur such as limoncello or Stregz
- Topping (optional)
- 1 tbsp. confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Butter the bottom and sides of a 9” springform pan
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer until foamy and light yellow.
- Add the sugar and beat on medium speed until smooth.
- Add the flour and beat until well incorporated. Add the ricotta and whipped cream and beat until smooth.
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla, and liqueur to the ricotta and stir gently until incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into the pan, place on a rimmed baking sheet, and bake for 1 hour and 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Place Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake in it to settle for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven to cool completely.
- Dust the top of the cheesecake with confectioners’ sugar.
- To make decoration on top line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Put the granulated sugar in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir constantly as the sugar melts. It will bubble and begin to turn golden.
- When the liquid becomes deep golden, remove from the stove.
- Dip a metal spoon into the molten sugar and drizzle onto the wax paper, forming letters or designs.
- Let harden, then gently peel off the paper and arrange on the cheesecake.
- If making ahead, cover and refrigerate and bring to room temperature before serving.