Phyllo Bundles with Brie and Preserves
INGREDIENTS: 15 servings can easily be doubled.
- 1 package phyllo sheets, defrosted and cut into 4” squares
- 1 wheel of brie, rind removed
- 1 bag of panko
- 1/3 cup quince paste
- ½ cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Roll 1 tbsp. of brie at a time to form balls.
- Put the panko in a large bowl and coat the brie with panko. Place brie balls on a baking sheet and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Place a square of phyllo dough on a work table and brush with melted butter. Repeat with two more sheets, making 3 layers.
- Place the phyllo squares in a muffin tin.
- Make an indentation in the brie and add 1 tsp. of quince paste in the brie.
- Place the brie in the center of the phyllo square. Pull the phyllo around the brie to form a bundle and remove from muffin tin, repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Place purses on a baking sheet and refrigerate for an hour.
- Bake for 7 minutes or until golden.