Nutella Filled Ebelskivers (Elf Pancakes)
For this recipe you’ll need an ebelskiver filled- pancake pan.
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 ½ tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 ¾ cups buttermilk
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 7 tbsp. Nutella
- In a bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, granulated sugar & salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolks & buttermilk. Whisk the yolk mixture into the flour mixture until well combined.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the whites into the batter.
- Put 1/2 teaspoon melted butter in each well of a filled-ebelskiver pan. Place over medium heat. Heat until the butter begins to bubble. Pour 1 tablespoon of batter into each well. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon of Nutella into the center of each pancake & top with 1 tablespoon batter. Cook until the bottoms are golden brown, about 3 minutes. Flip the pancakes over & cook until evenly browned, about 3 more minutes. Remove & transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining batter.