Mini No-Bake Coconut Trifle
Donatella’s mini no-bake coconut pudding trifle is the perfect recipe for coconut lovers and a better treat for the holidays!
- 5 egg yolks
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups whipped cream
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbs. cornstarch
- 1 tbs. vanilla
- 2 cups shredded coconut, toasted
- Angel food cake or pound cake (store bought)
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg yolks and sugar.
- In a saucepan dissolve cornstarch with ½ cup of milk. Then slowly add the remaining milk, and vanilla extract. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add hot milk mixture into the egg mixture and mix together.
- Return egg mixture to saucepan and boil, stirring constantly (2-3 minutes). Cool and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In an individual serving dish, put a layer of angel food cake. Top with a layer of pudding and sprinkle with toasted coconut. Then add another layer of angel food cake over the coconut. Top with a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle coconut.
- Repeat this until all the ingredients are used.