Donatella partnered up with Lynx Grills to make this delicious and easy-to-make Margherita Pizza using the Lynx Pizza Oven.
- 1 lb pizza dough or homemade pizza dough
- 3-4 tbs olive oil
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella
- 2 ripe beefsteak tomatoes
- 5-6 basil leaves
- Preheat Lynx Pizza Oven or oven on low for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough ball in half.
- Working one ball of dough at a time, take one ball of dough and flatten it with your hands on a slightly floured work surface. Starting at the center and working outwards, use your fingertips to press the dough to 1/2-inch thick. Turn and stretch the dough until it will not stretch further. Let the dough relax 5 minutes and then continue to stretch it until it reaches the desired diameter – 12 inches. Use your palm to flatten the edge of the dough where it is thicker. You can pinch the edges if you want to form a lip.
- Spread 2 tbs. olive oil over dough.
- Slice the tomatoes and arrange over pizza dough. Then slice the mozzarella and sprinkle over the tomatoes. Tear basil leaves and place over the mozzarella.
- Transfer pizza to a cooling rack in the oven. Bake for 5 minutes, rotating once 90 degrees halfway through cooking.