(Makes 12 Crepes)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 lb. fresh whole milk ricotta cheese
- ½ lb. mozzarella, diced
- ¼ lb. Fontina cheese, diced
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese or Pecorino
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- Place flour in a bowl and add water and mix with a fork until incorporated.
- Add eggs to flour mixture one at a time. Mix until smooth. Let batter sit for 10 minutes.
- Spray a 10” non-stick pan.
- Using a ladle pour ¼ cup batter into pan.
- Turn pan at a 45° degree angle to coat pan evenly so batter forms a perfect circle.
- Cook until set (30 seconds), do not let brown.
- Flip crepe and cook for an additional 15 seconds. Remove and repeat process with remaining batter.
- In a large bowl add all the ingredients except marinara.
- With a wooden spoon stir until well blended.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Evenly coat bottom of a 9×13“ baking dish with 2 cups marinara.
- Fill one crepe with 4 tbs. ricotta mixture.
- Roll Crepe into a log shape.
- Repeat with remaining filling and crepes.
- Place crepes seam side down in baking dish.
- Spoon 2 cups of marinara over the middle of manicotti.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and top with a whole basil leaf.
- Bake covered with aluminium foil for 20 minutes, uncover and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Fit dough into a 8-10” tart pan with a removable bottom, pressing gently into sides and bottom. Prick the bottom with a fork several times. Save extra dough for the top of the tart.
- Spread the cherry jam evenly over the dough.
- Take the remaining dough and roll into ropes about ¼“ in diameter. String over jam in a diamond pattern.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until dough is deeply golden.