Lemon Sugar Cookies
Donatella’s lemon sugar cookies recipe are soft and bursting with lemon flavor! The perfect cookie to bake anytime of the year.
- ¾ cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ vanilla extract
- ¼ cup lemon juice, plus 2 tbsp more
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3 cups confectioner’s sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place butter & sugar in a large bowl. Beat until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla & 2 tbsp lemon juice.
- Combine flour & baking soda in a bowl & mix together. Gradually add flour to wet ingredients.
- Pour dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead dough for 4 minutes. Take a tbsp. of dough, roll into a cylinder shape (about 5”), then form a ring. Place on a cookie sheet for 15 minutes to rest.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Take out of the oven & let cookies cool.
- Meanwhile, put confectioner’s sugar in a bowl & stir in enough of the remaining lemon juice to make a thin glaze. Dip each cookie into the glaze & allow time for the frosting to set.