Grilled Swordfish & Watermelon Skewers
- 1 pound seedless watermelon, cut into 1” cubes or ½ pound precut seedless watermelon cubes
- 7 ounces Manouri or halloumi cheese, cut into 1” cubes
- 7-8 ounces swordfish steak, 1” thick, cut into 1” cubes
- Extra virgin oil, for brushing
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Dried oregano
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Heat a cast – iron stovetop grill pan over high heat.
- Thread cubes of watermelon, cheese & swordfish on bamboo skewer.
- While threading the cheese, press gently & twist back & forth to prevent the cube from splitting.
- Brush on side of each skewer with olive oil, season with salt, pepper & oregano
- Place skewer on grill pan so that the oiled sides make full contact with the hot surface
- Grill for 2 minutes without moving
- While waiting, brush the skewers with olive oil and season with additional salt, pepper & oregano.
- Turn heat off & carefully turn each skewer over
- Grill over the residual heat until the swordfish is firm, about 2 minutes more
- Take off the grill & place onto a platter & drizzle all over with lemon juice.