Grilled Scallops Over Lemony Arugula
- 12 giant diver scallops (about 2 ounces each)
- salt & pepper
- sea salt
- 1 lemon
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 10-oz container of spicy baby arugula, simply tossed with lemon and extra virgin olive oil
- Carve a checkerboard pattern about ¼ inch deep into one side of each scallop, season well with salt and pepper, and toss them into a bowl with a couple of tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil and coat well (be gentle).
- Place scallops on clean dry asado (marked side down) and cook for 5-7 minutes unmoved until they are almost cooked. Note: when they are opaque almost all the way through, flip them over just long enough to get a sear (about 20 seconds).
- Remove and arrange on arugula salad. Squeeze lemon and add some high quality sea salt.