Glazed Carrots with Spicy Pecans
- ½ cup pecan halves
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. cumin
- 4 Libby’s® Sliced Carrots Vegetable Cups or 1 can Libby’s® Sliced Carrots
- 1 tbsp. rosemary, chopped
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a bowl whisk together the egg white, cayenne and cumin. Add the pecans and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes. Set aside to cool. Once cooled chop into smaller pieces.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add butter, brown sugar, rosemary and drained carrots. Add ¼ cup of water to the carrots. Cover and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Season the carrots with salt and pepper and cook for another 5 minutes. Put the carrots in a bowl with the pecans and toss to combine.