Galbani® Stuffed Chicken Roulades
- 4 Skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 2 lbs.)
- 4 tbsp. Galbani Mascarpone
- 12 slices Prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 12 slices Galbani Provolone, sliced
- 4 tbsp. Pesto
- 2 tbsp. Unsalted butter, divided
- 1 tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 4 cups Porcini mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 ½ cups Low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp. Red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup Heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. Mixed & chopped fresh herbs (e.g., basil, parsley & chives)
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Halve chicken breasts horizontally, keeping 1 long side attached. Open halves like a book. Pound breasts until ¼-inch thick. Season on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Place 1 chicken breast on a work surface, cut side up. Spread 1 tablespoon of Mascarpone on chicken. Place 2 slices of prosciutto on top, leaving a ½-inch border. Top prosciutto with 3 slices of Provolone. Spread 1 tablespoon of pesto on top, maintaining ½-inch border. Roll up chicken lengthwise and tie with kitchen twine. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Heat 1 tablespoon of butter and oil in a large, heavy ovenproof skillet. Add roulades and cook until browned on all sides, 8 – 10 minutes. Transfer skillet to oven and bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted into center of roulades registers 165 degrees F, 7 – 8 minutes. The chicken will be cooked through, but still juicy. Transfer chicken to plates and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Scrape drippings and any melted cheese from skillet and discard. Set skillet over medium-high heat and melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Add mushrooms. Cook, turning once, until mushrooms are golden brown, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, then add broth and vinegar. Simmer until liquid is thickened and reduced, 10 – 12 minutes. Stir in ¼ cup of heavy cream, and herbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut off and discard twine. Cut chicken into ½-inch slices. Drizzle mushroom sauce over chicken slices.