Galbani ® Four Cheese Paccheri al Cardinale
- 3/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 8 Garlic cloves
- 1 can Crushed tomatoes (28 oz.)
- 1 lb. Paccheri or rigatoni
- ½ cup Galbani® Pecorino Romano, grated
- ½ cup Galbani® Parmesan, grated
- ½ cup Galbani® Premio Mozzarella, shredded
- 20 Basil leaves, cut into slivers
- 1 cup Galbani® Whole Milk Ricotta
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat until hot, but not smoking.
- Add garlic and sauté about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered, about 30 minutes, until thick.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add paccheri and cook until not quite al dente.
- Add the 3 cheeses to thickened tomato sauce and stir until mozzarella melts. Stir in basil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Use a spider to lift paccheri out of the water and into the sauce. Toss to coat, then transfer to 4 – 6 mini crocks. Garnish with extra shredded mozzarella. Cover with parchment paper, tucking it into the sides of each dish. Place crocks on a metal tray and bake about 20 minutes, until pasta is piping hot.
- Bring the pasta dishes to the table, cut an “X” in the parchment paper on each dish and gently tear back the points. Spoon some ricotta onto each portion.