Fettuccine with Salmon in Lemon Cream Sauce
One of my favorite fettuccine recipes is with salmon in lemon cream sauce and paired with a very dry sauvignon blanc.
- 1lb. fettuccine
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 pint heavy cream
- zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. tarragon, chopped
- 8 oz. flaked salmon (grilled or baked)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water. Drain, rinse, and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter then add garlic and cook until fragrant. Pour in the heavy cream and stir until mixture thickens. Add lemon zest, 1 tbs. lemon juice and 1 tsp. tarragon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the pasta to the cream sauce and toss. If too thick add some pasta water to the pan.
- Add the salmon and 1 tsp. tarragon.
- Serve immediately.