Donatella’s Herbed Garlic Bread
While most grew up waking up to the smell of bacon and eggs, Donatella Arpaia grew up to the smell of garlic. Try Donatella’s homemade Herbed Garlic Bread!
- 1 loaf of ciabatta bread
- 2-3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 stick of plugra butter
- 4-5 tbsp. of grated Parmigiano reggiano
- 4 tbsp. of finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 3 tbsp. finely chopped thyme
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced paper thin
- freshly ground coarse salt and pepper
- Soften butter in microwave then spread evenly on bread.
- Drizzle bread with extra virgin olive oil, evenly sprinkle garlic, parsley and thyme, add freshly ground salt and pepper, top with a generous amount of Parmesan, and cover in foil.
- Place foil-wrapped bread on grill on medium heat. Cover with lid for ten minutes.
- Remove garlic bread from grill, unfoil packet, and return bread directly on grill until attaining nice char marks.
- Flip and grill on the other side, then place bread back in foil and directly into warming drawer until meal is ready to be served.