Decadent Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles
Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles are a decadent treat for any special occasion, but even better when you make this delicious dessert for your significant other on Valentine’s Day! ❤️
- ¾ cup hazelnuts
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ stick butter
- 8 oz. bitter sweet chocolate, chopped finely
- 2 large whole eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 12 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- Preheat oven 350°.
- Butter and dust with cocoa powder an 8 inch square baking pan.
- In a food processor finely grind the nuts, flour and sugar.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Then remove from heat.
- Add the chocolate to the butter and stir until smooth. Then add eggs to chocolate mixture, whisking until smooth.
- Stir in nut/flour mixture into chocolate until well combined.
- Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg.
- In a small heavy saucepan bring cream to a boil. Then add half of the yolks and stir. Add the remaining egg yolks and stir until thick. Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Pour over the truffles and spread evenly.
- Place in the refrigerator until set then cut into squares and enjoy.