If cotton candy is just for carnivals and street airs, why is it a fixture at The Four Seasons and other Michelin-starred restaurants like Anthos? Because it’s fun, it’s beautiful, and it’s dead easy to make! I’m not big on cooking gadgets, but my mini cotton candy maker is worth every penny. Stuck to white sugar and serve it in a white bowl or footed compote… this is a fool-proof crowd-pleaser, and with a little culinary bling it looks very gourmet! You’ll need a cotton candy maker for this sweet treat.
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar per person
- Multicolored sanding sugar
- Place granulated sugar in the cotton candy machine & follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Using a wooden spoon, catch the cotton candy as it is made, twirling the spoon as you go.
- Slide off the spoon onto a footed compote and dust with the sanding sugar.