Beet & Goat Cheese Salad
A delicious and easy salad which takes little time and is a great meatless main course.
- 1 package baby arugula
- 1 ½ lb. red beets, scrubbed
- ½ cup ricotta salata or goat cheese (crumbled)
- ½ cup pistachio nuts, chopped
- 1 tbs. honey
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper, to taste
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake beets until tender. Allow beets to cool.
- Peel and cut the beets into ½” pieces.
- In a small bowl whisk the mustard, honey, vinegar and salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in the olive oil.
- Place the arugula in a salad bow. Add the beets. Toss with some of the dressing. Then add the cheese and the nuts.
- Drizzle with more of the dressing, to taste.