Banana Split Dog
- 1 cup milk or half-and-half
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- Unsalted butter
- King’s Hawaiian Hawaiian Sweet Hot Dog Buns
- 2 bananas, sliced in half lengthwise
- Whipped cream fresh or canned
- Various toppings: chocolate sauce, strawberry sauce, mini semi sweet chocolate chips, chopped nuts (have fun)
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs, milk or half-and-half, vanilla extract and sugar.
- Transfer to a shallow pan.
- Melt 1 tbsp. butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the hot dog bun in the egg mixture, soak well and coat evenly.
- Place the bun in the pan and push down slightly with a spatula.
- Cook for 1 minute on each side or until golden brown.
- Using fresh cream, place ½ heavy cream in a bowl and beat for 1 minute with hand mixer, add 2 tbsp. confectioners sugar and continue to beat until stiff.
- Place two halves of a banana in a Hawaiian Sweet Hot Dog Bun.
- Top with 3 tbsp. whipped cream (or as much or as little as you like).
- Add toppings of your choice from list of ingredients.