Baked Eggplant Caprese
- 1 medium sized eggplant
- 1 small garlic clove chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup bocconcini (bite side mozzarella cut in half)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Small bunch fresh basil, chiffonade cut
- Salt & Black pepper
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Halve the eggplant lengthwise. Carefully scoop out inside so that it can be cut into chunks. Set aside. Drizzle the cut sides lightly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for around 30 minutes, until soft.
- Chop eggplant filling and sauteé with a little bit of evoo,garlic salt and pepper until it browns Stuff the eggplant with the diced mozzarella, eggplant chunks, halved cherry tomatoes, and chopped basil. Top with some salt, pepper and drizzle of evoo. Return to the oven for a another 15 minutes then broil for last 5 minutes. Garnish with basil and serve.