Baby Bella Marsala Mushrooms
- 3 cups of baby portobello mushrooms, chopped in half
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp cream
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 1/4 cup of parsley finely chopped
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large sauté pan place a couple of extra virgin olive oil and 2 tbsp of butter in a deep sauté pan.
- On medium high heat, sauté onions and garlic. Be careful not to brown them. After 4-5 minutes, add in mushrooms, add salt and pepper, and stir with wooden spoon until the mushrooms brown.
- Add a cup of marsala and increase to high heat, bringing it to a light boil. Then lower heat and cover pan for 15 minutes.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of cream, some more salt and pepper, and chopped parsley. Stir and let cook a few more minutes. Serve nice and hot.