The holidays are the best time of year for indulging in desserts like Donatella’s Applesauce Cake!
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. cloves
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 11/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups applesauce
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup raisins
- Place the first 5 ingredients in the bowl of a mixer.
- Mix for 1 minute.
- Add the eggs, sugar, oil, vanilla and applesauce.
- Mix for 2 minutes until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Add the raisins and stir into batter.
- Place batter into a 10’ tube pan, buttered and floured.
- Bake cake into a 350 degree oven for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Put the remaining coconut flakes on a baking sheet and bake until golden brown. 350°
- Split the King’s Hawaiian roll in half. Spread some of the marshmallow fluff onto the top of the roll.
- Fill the bottom of the roll with 2 tbs. of the coconut custard.
- Place the top of the roll over custard.
- Refrigerate if not serving right away.