Allan’s Pumpkin Soup
- 1 28 oz can of pumpkin purée
- 1 apple, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- ¾ cup carrots, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 tbsp light cream
- 1 tsp ginger
- ½ tsp nutmeg & ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1tbsp fresh oregano, chiffonade
- 3 large sage leaves, chiffonade
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil & 2 tbsp butter
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- In a heavy bottom pot at medium heat, add oil & butter. Next add onions, carrots, apples, salt & pepper. Cook for 3 -4 minutes until softened.
- Add pumpkin purée, fresh herbs, nutmeg, cumin, ginger & chicken broth. Bring to simmer & the cover for 45 minutes. Using an immersion blender (or conventional blender in batches), blend until silky.
- Add light cream & stir to incorporate. Add salt & pepper as needed.