Pan-Fried New Potatoes with Chorizo
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small white or yellow onion, halved lengthwise and very thinly sliced
- 1 lb small red potatoes, washed, dried and sliced 1/8″ thick
- 3-4 oz cured chorizo, sliced about 1/3″ thick
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2-3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 fresh bay leaf or 2 dried
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh herbs, such as flat-leaf parsley, dill, or chives
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a 12″ skillet or sauté pan with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat. Add the onion and chorizo and cook, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes or until onion is wilted and slightly golden.
- Add the potatoes, garlic, thyme, and bay leaf and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat all the ingredients with the fat and seasonings.
- Spread in an even layer, cover the pan, and cook very gently for 30-35 minutes, turning the potatoes over with a spatula two or three times.
- When the potatoes are fork-tender, but not falling apart, remove the remains of the thyme sprigs and the bay leaf.
- Sprinkle the chopped herbs all over and serve hot.
Spinach Pesto Spring Pizza
Posted: Apr 28, 2017
Posted: Mar 2, 2017
Life Hacks from a “Stubborn” Business Owner
Posted: Feb 27, 2017