- 1 ¼ cup cake flour
- 1 ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 7 cups confectioner’s sugar
- ½ cup whole milk
- 2 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Green food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl add the cake flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt. Whisk together & set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, add eggs & beat until well mixed, or about 20 seconds. Add the sugar & continue beating on medium speed adding next vegetable oil & then vanilla.
- Reduce the speed to incorporate half of the flour mixture, & then half of the buttermilk. Repeat adding the remaining flour & buttermilk. Beat until well combined.
- Line regular-size muffin tins with cupcake liners & pour batter into the prepared tins. Bake for 12 – 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Then let cupcakes cool.
- To make the frosting, place the butter in a bowl & beat for 1 minute. Add 4 cups of powdered sugar along with the milk & vanilla. Beat on medium speed for 5 minutes until creamy & smooth. Gently add the remaining sugar, one cup at a time. Beat until thick enough to spread.
- Tint the frosting with green food coloring, if desired, & decorate the cupcakes. Roll out the fondant & cut into strips. Wrap around the frosted cupcakes to resemble a mummy.
Posted: Mar 2, 2017
Life Hacks from a “Stubborn” Business Owner
Posted: Feb 27, 2017
Posted: Jan 10, 2017