Keurig Apple Crostata
- 7.5 oz all purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 oz lard or shortening
- 1 yolk
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 ½ tbsp white distilled vinegar
- 6 honeycrisp apples
- 8 oz apple cider
- 8 oz. spiced apple butter
- cinnamon and sugar for sprinkling
- For the dough: combine salt and flour in a bowl.
- Cut in lard/shortening then stir together yolk, water, and vinegar and quickly work into the dough.
- Wrap and chill dough for at least two hours.
- For filling: peel, core, and slice apples into ¼” slices.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, add apples and cider and cook, stirring occasionally, until apples have softened.
- Allow to cool, then stir in apple butter.
- Preheat oven to 375. Roll pie dough out ¼’ thick on a floured piece of parchment.
- Mound filling into the center of the dough. Using the corners of the parchment, use them to lift up and fold the edges of the crostata dough over the filling.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and bake for 30 minutes until the crust is flaky and golden brown.
Posted: Mar 2, 2017
Life Hacks from a “Stubborn” Business Owner
Posted: Feb 27, 2017
Posted: Jan 10, 2017