Italian Baked Mac & Cheese
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1 cup mascarpone
- 6 oz white cheddar
- 6 oz Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- 6 oz Pecorino Romano, coarsely grated
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter plus more for greasing baker
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 ½ cups light cream
- bay leaf & thyme leaf
- salt & black pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cook pasta according to instructions less two minutes.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the onion & cook until softened. Sprinkle flour over the onion & stir constantly for 2 minutes. Add light cream, sprinkle thyme, salt & pepper to taste.
- Increase heat & continue to stir. When liquid reaches a boil, reduce heat to low simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in pepper, nutmeg, & all cheeses until just melted. Stir in pasta & mix well.
- Spoon mixture into ramekins or baker mounding slightly, bake for 15 minutes, until the cheese is quietly sizzling.
- Serve in Donatella’s Ceramic Baker or Personal Ramekins for a special occasion. When your guests arrive, take them out of the oven and directly to the table to serve.
- For a special treat, let the mac and cheese cook for 5 minutes before drizzle truffle oil.
Spinach Pesto Spring Pizza
Posted: Apr 28, 2017
Posted: Mar 2, 2017
Life Hacks from a “Stubborn” Business Owner
Posted: Feb 27, 2017