Gennaro’s Black Kale Salad with Currants
- 1 large bunch (about 1/2 pound) Tuscan kale (cavalo nero), center ribs and stems removed, leaves washed and cut in bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp red-pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup vincotto
- 1/2 cup shaved ricotta salata
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put the kale in a large bowl and set aside.
- Place the currants in another bowl and add hot water to cover. Let stand for 5 minutes to plump. Drain and pat dry.
- Toast the pine nuts in a dry skillet over medium-high heat, shaking the pan often, until just beginning to color, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Heat the olive oil oin a small pot over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the red pepper flakes and cok for 30 seconds more.
- Add the kale and sautérrants, season with salt and pepper, and toss. Transfer immediately to salad plates, drizzle with the vincotto, and for just a minute until it softens slightly. Remove from the heat.
- Add the pine nuts and cu top with the ricotta salata.
Posted: Mar 2, 2017
Life Hacks from a “Stubborn” Business Owner
Posted: Feb 27, 2017
Posted: Jan 10, 2017