- 2 Japanese eggplants, each cut into 4 diagonal slices
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 or 4 small balls buffalo mozzarella, 14 ounce total, cut into thick slices
- 12 basil leaves plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- Salt the eggplant & place in a colander to allow any excess liquid to drain off.
- Whisk together the balsamic vinegar, ½ cup of the olive oil, the garlic, parsley, salt, & pepper in a medium bowl.
- Add the eggplant & toss to coat. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Brush a cast-iron stovetop grill pan with a thin layer of olive oil. Place over medium-high heat.
- Grill the eggplant until slightly charred, about 5 minutes per side. Set aside on a plate to cool.
- Put the red wine vinegar in a small bowl. Whisk in the remaining ¼ cup of olive oil in a steady stream.
- To build the napoleon, begin with a slice of the eggplant, followed by a slice of mozzarella topped with a basil leaf. Repeat.
- Drizzle with the vinaigrette & garnish with the basil leaves. Scatter the pine nuts around each napoleon & serve.
Posted: Mar 2, 2017
Life Hacks from a “Stubborn” Business Owner
Posted: Feb 27, 2017
Posted: Jan 10, 2017