Crab Risotto with Salmon Caviar and Fresh Herbs
- 7 cups seafood stock or vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped
- 2 small celery heart, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 ¼ cups white wine
- 2 ¼ cups Arborio or Carnaroli rice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat
- Small handful tiny sprigs fresh dill or chervil, or snipped chives
- ½ – ¾ cup crème fraiche (optional)
- 2 ounces salmon caviar
- Bring the stock to a simmer in a saucepan. Partially cover and keep hot.
- Warm the butter & oil in a large, heavy- bottomed pot. Add the shallots & celery (if using) & sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste & cook for 1 minute.
- Add the wine & simmer, uncovered, until it has completely evaporated.
- Add the rice, 1 teaspoon each of salt & pepper, & stir for 2 to 3 minutes, until the kernels begin to turn opaque.
- Add enough hot stock just to cover the rice in batches, stirring & scraping down the sides of the pan until the risotto is loose & creamy, about 18 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in the crabmeat, breaking it up, then remove from the heat.
- Stir in the dill & season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Top each serving with a dollop of crème fraiche & a spoonful of salmon caviar.
Posted: Mar 2, 2017
Life Hacks from a “Stubborn” Business Owner
Posted: Feb 27, 2017
Posted: Jan 10, 2017