February is National Fondue Month, so there’s no better excuse to try my classic chocolate fondue recipe. Chocolate fondue is easy and fun to make- great for dinner parties, girl’s nights, and date nights alike.
Classic Chocolate Fondue Recipe
- 1 ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 pound bittersweet chocolate. Choose the best you can afford and look for 60-72% cacao content.
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/3 c -1/2c liqueur (Suggestions: Kahlua, Amaretto, Grand Marnier)
- Heat heavy cream in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- In your fondue pot (or preferred serving bowl) place chopped bittersweet chocolate.
- When the heavy cream comes to a simmer (do not boil), pour over the chocolate and allow to sit for 30 seconds. Gently whisk the cream and chocolate together.
- Add in the butter and whisk to combine, followed by the liqueur.
- Serve with your favorite fruit/snacks for dipping.