Baked Coconut Shrimp With Spicy Apricot Dipping Sauce
(Serves 1, 110 calories )
- 1/4 cUp unsweetened large coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 egg whites
- 1-2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 8 ounce large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves (sugar free)
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Serve with a few florets of steamed broccoli.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread coconut over baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake 7 minutes until golden.
- Place 3 tablespoons coconut into food processor; pulse until finely chopped, then in a small bowl, combine it with panko.
- Raise oven to 450°F; place wire rack on baking sheet and set aside.
- Place flour in shallow dish, and in medium bowl, whip egg whites until extremely foamy. Whisk in coconut extract.
- Dredge shrimp in flour then dip in egg white, then in crumb mixture to coat completely.
- Place shrimp on rack. Season generously with salt and pepper. Bake until golden, about 8 minutes.
- Top with remaining coconut.
- Whisk all ingredients together and serve on the side.
Spinach Pesto Spring Pizza
Posted: Apr 28, 2017
Posted: Mar 2, 2017
Life Hacks from a “Stubborn” Business Owner
Posted: Feb 27, 2017